Back to the regularly scheduled post -
I discovered a while back that my Mustang was seriously lacking a good menacing exhaust note. Something that could wake the neighbors when you put 'the petal to the metal.' The stock exhaust was nice, but not nearly as cool as my buddies' cars. (And seriously, what's more important than trying to outdo your friends? haha)
What's a guy to do? I'm glad you asked. I bought an aftermarket performance cat-back exhaust system and installed it myself with the help of some friends! The mufflers and midpipes I bought were from the Pypes Violator series. I had to get a cat-back (catalytic converter to muffler tip) system because Ohio requires Emissions Checks, therefore I need the catalytic converter.
All it took was a couple of hours, 2 buddies, a few beers, and a large pizza. Now when I lay on the gas, everyone knows it haha
(Related side note: I finally got my first speeding ticket in the car a couple weeks back. The cop got me doing 74 in a 60 while on my way to FRED Fest - see previous post for FRED Fest details.)
Here is one of the stock mufflers:

This is the 'Before'
Here is one of the new mufflers; pre-install and post-install:

This is the 'After'
Before we installed the new mufflers, you could look in the inlet pipe and actually see daylight through the outlet tip. The stock ones were totally black due to all the accoustic insulation, packing, and baffle plates. The new mufflers were also half the weight of the old ones. Very exciting...
I'm definitely happy with how it turned out, especially considering that we were able to do it ourselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment