Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mountain Biking

I finally bought a bicycle!

Here's the back story... Just about all of my friends here in Ohio are big into mountain biking. There are several great trails near by, and they seem to go at least every other week. A couple of Saturdays ago they invited me to join them on their first trip of the season. We went to Mohican State Park -- which is known as one of the best trails in the state.

I have no equipment, so I had to go the local bike shop and buy a helmet. My boss, Kevin, (who's an avid mountain biker along with professional dirt bike racer) let me borrow his old bike. Everyone assured me that it would be a blast.

I made sure I was the last guy in the 10-man convoy, as I knew I would be the slowest. Well the first mile and a half of the Mohican trail is unbelievably uphill!!! I had to walk a couple of the switchbacks because I wanted to die haha By the time I got to the top, I was dizzy, couldn't breath, and very close to throwing up...... Holy Moly, talk about a work out

After the murderous uphill, the rest of the ride turned out to be a blast! Enough so that I decided to ante up and buy a bike. Here's a couple pictures of the new bike along with the bike rack I bought (the bike wouldn't fit in my car).




The bike is a 2008 Mongoose Amasa Comp, complete with 27 speeds, an adjustable front suspension, and believe it or not - hydraulic disc brakes.

There is still one problem though... I have nowhere to store the bike! Right now it is leaning against my spare bed with a hand towel under each wheel haha

2 comments:

Barb said...

I have to sleep with the bike when I visit!

Barb said...

Oh yeah, nice bike!