Sunday, May 10, 2009

Vulture's Knob

I took my new bike out yesterday for its inaugural trail ride. A couple friends and I went to Vulture's Knob in Wooster, OH. Here's how CAMBA (Cleveland Area Mountain Bike Association) bills Vulture's Knob:

"Welcome to Vulture's Knob! Virtual Reality??!! Don't kid yourself...there is no such thing. Until you've breathed it, heard it, felt the pain, smelled mother earth, seen it, touched it, tasted the dirt, this my friend is reality, this is Vulture's Knob...Live it!"

The course was Brutal! By the time we were done I needed a new set of legs as mine were totally burned out haha Fortunately, I only had one good crash -- while trying to cross a stream on a narrow log/bridge (don't worry, I didn't fall into the water at least). Also, I did a fair amount of walking my bike up some of the really steep hill climbs...

It's alot of fun being able to ride outdoors, in the woods and such -- it sure beats sitting on the couch!!

Here's a YouTube video I found of Vulture's Knob that someone posted last year. Some of the course was slightly different, but it gives you the general idea.

No comments: