Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy April Fools!

For the last six years (ever since I went to Arizona) I've looked forward to April Fool's Day. This is because on April 1st, I always call my mother and tell her an outlandish story about something unfortunate happening to me. In the past I've called and told her that I got arrested the previous night (done that one twice!), that Jim and I got into a bar fight (while at Clarkson), that I got into a bar fight (while in Massachusetts), etc... And believe it or not, she's believed me 3 out of the last 5 years!!!!

This brings us to April Fools '09. I got home from work and called Mombo's cell phone - she was at the nursing home visiting Mema - with a great story for her. Here's a rough approximation of the telephone call:

DAN: So I got home from work today and got the Mustang out of hibernation!
MOMBO: Oh boy...
DAN: The battery was dead, so I had to jump it using the other car. But then it started up just fine. So of course I had to take it out for a ride!
MOMBO: A slow ride I hope...
DAN: Well...slow now... So I was driving down Howe Ave [a road similar to Ridge Road near my house] and decided to tool around a little bit on a side street.
MOMBO: .....hmmm....
DAN: I squealed the tires turning onto the road going about a hundred. Then I rolled through a Stop sign.....and.....wouldn't you know there was a damn COP sitting there....
MOMBO: DANIEL!!!!! YOU'RE SUCH AN IDIOT!! WHEN WILL YOU LE..A..R....N.....wait a minute....IT'S APRIL FOOLS DAY!!!!! YOU'RE SUCH AN ASS!!!!!!!!! I'M HANGING UP!!!
DAN: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

And she hung up on me!!!!!

I quickly called back and she was still mad at me -- so I talked to Mema and she thought it was Hysterical! hahahaha

Hook, Line, and SINKER ---- I'm now 4 for 6 with the last 6 April Fools Days.

HAPPY APRIL FOOLS DAY MOMBO!! :)

2 comments:

Bob Welch said...

rofl!

Barb said...

I am not speaking to you next April 1st!!!