Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas '08 (I)

I headed home for Christmas on Thursday night December 18th. I had 17 calendar days off from work!! I haven't been in Rochester for that long since I graduated college and lived at home for a month before moving to Massachusetts. It was awesome! It was great to see everyone again and it was even greater to not have to travel at all -- it was very relaxing...

My Christmas break started with the umpteenth annual 'Cookie Frosting with Mema and Papa.' Mombo has baked cookies and Mema/Papa have been coming over to help frost for longer than I can remember... Over the years different girlfriends have joined in, my friends Bob and Robb came last year, Abby has been a regular for a half dozen years, and now even Gavin, Izzy, Ryan, and Jessica join in the fun!

There were so many people frosting this year that I only did about 10 cookies. No worries though, as you can see there were dozens frosted by the end.



Each year we always pick on each other about who is going to sit next the Memzz. Mema has earned a reputation for not only frosting her cookies, but also frosting anyone within arm reach! This year Jessica and Izzy sat each side of Mema and ended up thoroughly frosted haha




Gavin and Ryan must have gotten to close to Mema at some point also hahaha

No comments: