Thursday, September 25, 2008

Nose Bra

I haven't been able to breath out my nose or smell for as long as I can remember. I figured that it was high time that I got this problem fixed! I went to the doctor a couple months ago and learned that I had a deviated septum. So Tuesday I went under the knife at Cuyahoga Falls General Hospital for a septoplasty - nose reconstruction.

Mom and Dad drove out Monday night and stayed with me till last night to make sure I got through the surgery ok (which I did thank god). Mombo even made me a whole pan of lasagna last night before going back to Rochester!!!

We got to the hospital at 9am on Tuesday. My surgery was scheduled for 10:15am. I went through all the rigmarole leading up to the big event. The anesthesiologist gave me the knockout drug as I was being wheeled into the operating room. The last thing I remember is hearing Metallica on the radio in the operating room....

DAN: "Is that Metallica on the radio?"
Male Nurse: "Oh yea, we like to rock out in here"
DAN: "Crank it up........"

...and that's the last thing I remember!

I woke up in the recovery room feeling very dopey and drowsy -- (the best way I can describe it is feeling like you have a terrible hangover). The next thing I know, Mom is in the room and she says that I have visitors.
Visitors?!? Everyone I know lives in New York---

In walk 4 of my co-workers from B&W! They drove to the hospital during their lunch break to see how I was doing and offer some words of encouragement. It was pretty cool

They even got to see me with my Nose Bra! (The Nose Bra hooks onto my ears and holds cotton gauze in place which, in turn, catches all the stuff dripping out of my nose....yes, it is as gross as it sounds) haha

Here's a picture of right after I got home from the hopsital. Don't I look like I'm having a great time? haha

1 comment:

Molly said...

Now you have to convince Bob to get the same thing! Hope your nose bra is no longer necessary. Drew says - Just think of all the women you would've lost!