AC/DC is one of my favorite bands of all time - and I certainly wouldn't miss the opportunity to see them in person.... Tickets went on sale yesterday at 10am. Jim (who also loves AC/DC) and I did some pre-ticket-purchase planning. Jim was going to buy 4 tickets and I was going to buy 3. This was because there was a 4 ticket per purchase limit (I know, I think that's pretty stupid too).
So at 10am Jim and I were both on Ticketmaster.com trying to purchase our tickets. Jim got through with only a modest wait and got 4 GREAT seats. Side note: as he put it "The seats are so good I am going to have my face ROCKED off!"
I, on the other hand, had a harder time. I clicked the "Find Tickets" button on Ticketmaster's website just at my computer clock turned 10:02 am. I was on internet-hold for 24 loooooong grueling minutes while the website tried to fulfill my request for 3 tickets in the "Best Available" section. At one point my screen saver turned on and I almost had a heart attack -- thinking that the website had timed out and I would lose my place in line. At 10:26 the unthinkable happened..... the website informed me there were no more tickets left!!!!!!!!!!!! (oh yea, I forgot to mention the concert is at Toronto's Rogers Centre (former Sky Dome) and has 50,516 seats!)
50,516 seats sold out in less than 20 minutes...
Thank god Jim came through -- the first thing I did was call the bank and transfer him money to claim one of his 4 seats...
So AC/DC here we come!!!!!!!!!!! Friday November 7 in Toronto.
50,516 seats sold out in less than 20 minutes...
Thank god Jim came through -- the first thing I did was call the bank and transfer him money to claim one of his 4 seats...
So AC/DC here we come!!!!!!!!!!! Friday November 7 in Toronto.
1 comment:
For those about to Rock. I salute you!
Post a Comment