Success!!!
I went to my 3 week nose post-op checkup yesterday and the surgery was a resounding success. I can breathe like I've never breathed before...... Its amazing how impaired my sniffer was compared to Nose 2.0. My sense of smell is much better, certain foods taste a little different (orange juice tastes funny now haha), and I sleep better at night. I used to wake up 4-5 times a night, and now I have been sleeping soundly through the night!
There are some downsides though. Notably with the heightened sense of smell. For example, I was cooked dinner on Tuesday night (a pork chop in a frying pan). I got distracted and burned the hell out of it!!! I had the range hood exhaust fan on, but it was overwhelmed. Picture a window fan trying to suck the smoke away from a forest fire. I smoked out the apartment so badly I had to open all the windows and my contacts were bothering me hahaha I was just praying that the smoke detectors wouldn't go off (which, thank God, they didn't -- checking their batteries is now on my to-do list...). The apartment smelled HORRIBLE!!! And there was no escaping it!
The next morning, I woke up and the smell of burn pork chop hit me like a runaway dump truck -- GROSS. In fact, today -- 2 days later -- I can still detect a hint of it!
Anyone want to come over for dinner?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
This cracks me up - I found, after the nose surgery, that I was always saying "what's that smell" -(good or bad) and no one else seemed to have the super sniffer that I did!
If the world really stinks I'm never getting the nose job!!
Post a Comment