Friday, December 12, 2008

"Don't give up, don't ever give up..."

This week was the Jimmy V Classic on ESPN. I always mark it on my calendar and have rarely ever missed it... This year Davidson beat West Virgina and Texas defeated Villanova.

The games aren't even the reason I watch though. I tune in because I don't want to miss Jimmy V's unforgettable speech. It is by far one of the best speeches I have ever heard. Check it out below.



The Jimmy V foundation honors former North Carolina State Wolfpack coach Jim Valvano. Jimmy V died of cancer about 3 months after giving the above speech. His 10 minute speech not only marked the creation of the Jimmy V Foundation, but also led to the creation of numerous other cancer foundations (such as Coaches vs Cancer). His foundation alone has raised over $80 million since 1993 and 100% of all donations directly fund cancer research.

I dontated this year. Click here if you would like to also....

"We need money for research. It may not save my life. It may save my children's lives. It may save someone you love."
- Jim Valvano 1993 ESPY Awards

1 comment:

Bob Welch said...

Nice Dan. I never saw this before. Inspiring guy.