Friday, August 22, 2008

Surf's UP!

Monday night Jonny Boy and two of his college friends decended on Cuyahoga Falls for Tuesday's Projekt Revolution Tour. Blossom Music Center hosted the concert series, and it was headlined by Chris Cornell (of Sound Garden and Audioslave) and Linkin Park. Both the headliner bands were awesome! I definately lost my voice during Linkin Park's set.....




The concert started at 2:30pm with a "B Stage" that featured up-and-coming bands. The highlight of the early concerts was most definately Atreyu. None of us knew any of their songs, but that didn't stop us from rockin' out!! Mombo told Jonny Boy and I to behave (like she always does) -- so what did we do??? CROWD SURFED!!!





We figured it would be prudent to send Jon first to see if he would make it to the stage (we were about 25 feet away) since he weighs ~50lbs less than me. He got launched skyward at one point (see above), but he made it. Then it was my turn... I recruited all the guys around me to hoist me up (no small feat in itself) and Surf's UP!! I sucessfully made it all the way to the stage where a bouncer caught me and gently set me down haha




Talk about an adrenaline rush -- it was amazing! All within the span of 20 minutes Crowd Surfing popped up on my Bucket List and then was promply crossed off....

1 comment:

Molly said...

Dan and Jon ROCK it OUT!