Monday, August 18, 2008

Indians & Gymnastics

Last Thursday night I ended up going to the Cleveland Indians game. It was a very last minute proposition. A friend of a guy I work with ended up with four free tickets about 4 hours before game time. We all hopped in a car and drove the 40 minutes to downtown Cleveland.

The guy with the tickets said he heard the seats were pretty good, but had no idea where they were..... Unbelievably the seats were in row TWO behind the Indians dugout!!! I was in shock, I never sat this close at even a Red Wings game haha. Cleveland ended up losing the game to the Baltimore Orioles in a high scoring affair; 11-6. To top it off, at the start of the 8th the people in row ONE left -- so of course we hopped into their seats and enjoyed the last two innings from practically the dugout!!!



After the game we were debating on whether or not to stop for a drink at the bar, Panini Bar & Grill, across the street from Jacobs Field. I didn't have to work on Friday, but the other three guys did. Apparently I was persuasive enough because the next thing you know we were in the bar (the real reason was: as we were walking by, Michael Phelps was just about to race for his 6th gold medal on the bar's HDTV). One beer turned into two (etc) and Michael Phelps turned into women's gymnastics -- we were riveted...


Now there's a site you don't see everyday, four twentysomething guys in a bar watching women's gymnastics..... and we stayed till the end!!

No comments: