Monday, October 5, 2009

Say Hi To Jess

As Steve Holy happened to tell you in my previous post, I have a brand new girlfriend! I’ve shunned girls in general for well over the last year (you know, because they were evil and all…), but along came Jess.

At the Ravenna Hot Air Balloon Festival

We met at a party at a mutual friend’s house couple weeks ago and wouldn’t you know it – she laughed at my stupid jokes and goofy faces!

As far as a girlfriend is concerned, I’ve had a couple requirements which I’m sure everyone has heard by now. Let’s review:
-25 (I picked 25 simply because that was my age at the time – Jess is 23, close enough!)
-hot (definitely)
-single (was when I met her, not any more – see YouTube video in previous post)
-job (she has not one, but two jobs)

Also, I need to add she’s a phenomenal cook. I happened to “hint” at the fact that I enjoy the occasional plate of lasagna. Well she volunteered to make some for dinner last Sunday and it was fannnnntastic. She made it in the biggest pan I have. I ate it all week! It didn't take her long to figure out that the path to my heart has a toll booth stop at my stomach.

If you would have told me at the beginning of September that in one month’s time I would not only have purchased a house (complete with leaf blower), but I would have a girlfriend – I would have called you crazy. It’s funny how everything happens to work out.

At the Hofsbrahaus Oktoberfest in Pittsburgh with Jim & Jenna (not pictured)

Couldn’t be happier…

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful Dan!! Sounds like Papa found you a great one. Couldn't be happier for you! Love feels wonderful when it's right! :-)Love-Aunt Donna

Kara said...

Congrats Dan. I'm happy for you. And Jess... your gorgeous.. can't wait to meet you! Which reminds me... Dan, one of my birthday gifts I am requesting for my big 2-1 here in a month is that you bring Jess with you!!

Bob Welch said...

Awww

...and this is the God's honest truth

the Word Verification I had to type in to post this message was ...wait for it....


Romeo

Molly said...

Dan this post made me laugh out loud and tear up all at the same time - you look so happy and Jess is beautiful! All that and a homeowner - wow! SOOOOO happy for you and can't wait to meet Jess (Thanksgiving?) Love, Mol.

Mom said...

Your mother can't wait to meet her!!!

Jess said...

aww thanks everyone...i can't wait to meet you too! :)

Nancy/B said...

Yep - it's been a while - glad you found some happiness! Can't wait to meet her!