I bought a house on Saturday! It still sounds weird when I say that. It’s almost like I’m an adult now…
I met with the realtor this afternoon and signed/dated on all the dotted lines. Tomorrow I meet with the mortgage guy to sign/date even more dotted lines. Side note: my monthly mortgage payment is going to be $4 more than what I’m currently paying in rent (thank you Obama for the free down payment!)
When I first started house hunting, if you’d have asked where my ideal location was I would have answered ‘one of the numbered street in Cuyahoga Falls’ (the town where I currently live). 1st through 26th streets just looked like real nice neighborhoods and great places to live.
Unbelievably, I just purchased 1824 8th Street, Cuyahoga Falls. It’s a three bedroom, one full bath Cape Cod. It has a two car garage and an awesome yard with a new brick patio. The house also comes with a wood burning fireplace, washer, dryer, fridge, and gas stove!
But wait, there’s more…. (Through the negotiating process – the seller counter offered my initial purchase price, then I countered the seller’s counter, then the seller countered my counter of her first counter of my initial offer, finally I accepted the counterx3 offer. The final selling price ended up being only $1,000 above my target) ….included in the final counter, the seller threw in her lawn mower, leaf blower, basement de-humidifier, shovels, rakes, and miscellaneous lawn equipment!
The way I look at it, I just purchased a $100,000 leaf blower that happened to come with a house. haha
The closing date is set for Monday, November 16th, and I will officially take possession on Friday, November 20th, at Noon. Mark it on your calendar.
The home inspection is scheduled for Wednesday. I’m planning on bringing my camera – so keep an eye open towards the end of the week for a picture intensive post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Yay! Can't wait for the first party!!
Aunt Donna
Party!!!!
WhoHooo!!! Congrats!
Post a Comment