The course, Red Rock Country Club, was located about half an hour west of the Strip in Red Rock Canyon. All the surrounding land, including the canyon itself, used to owned by the famous recluse Howard Hughes. The course was absolutely gorgeous! I think it's safe to say that it was the most beautiful course I've ever played. It is an Arnold Palmer Signature course, and a trademark of a Palmer course is TONS of sand traps. (I asked - there were 94 traps total)
Very cool mountain vistas could be seen from every hole.

Typical desert style golf course - just aim for the patches of green.

The 7th hole tee box overlooked the Las Vegas Strip.
Not only was it a breathtaking course, but Bob and I both golfed fantastic. I shot the best round of my life - 43 on the front and 51 on the back for a 94. Bob scored an 87. I will personally attest that we didn't even cheat, believe it or not those are our actual scores!Later Wednesday night we saw the Blue Man Group at the Venetian. The show was incredibly entertaining. We had excellent seats, but not close enough to get soaked thankfully. The lights and sounds and music was mesmerizing. If you've never seen the Blue Man Group I would highly recommend it. It is worth the price of admission...
Here is a YouTube video that I found - I didn't take the video - to give you an idea of their show. (This set was a part of the show we saw at the Venetian)
1 comment:
Cool. The course looks amazing. We've seen Blue Man. Fun stuff.
Post a Comment